Friday, May 22, 2009

Expected Scenes From A Familiar Play


Your Shattered Hopes
a familiar scene

plays itself out 

in a familiar space.

darkness envelopes

sound and solids

into one being.

no one present
 
to give comfort.

no reassuring voice 

to turn to.

Darkness,

only this.


____________

Sometimes there is nothing but silence.
_____________________________
I can hear your voice singing through the darkness.
I run towards your sound
crying out your name.
No matter how close I come
you are nowhere to be found.
Walk away
I wish I could
Walk away.
Tormented by this darkness
where can I run,
where can I run?
______________________________

The city bleeds from its asphalt arteries.

Torrents of red lit platelets

on four wheels

crawl closer to the towering 

cluster of the heart. 
_____________________

your crazy smile
draws me in.
the fire raging behind 
opal eyes
blinds the reason
I retain
but you begin to strip away.
_____________________




No comments: