Thursday, December 2, 2010

Pillow Fight

"The trouble with a lot of writing is the self indulgent

tendencies of the writers and the exaggerated belief

in their own talents."


She was full of witticisms like this. After enough time

lounging in bed she would prod me into talking about

writing, often times while I was writing.



"But you're different than all those other hacks."



Really? What makes you think that?


"Well, for one you're pretty humble, secondly

you're actually talented."


I started laughing. Appeal to an artists ego is

the quickest way to gain immunity from their

mercurial temperaments.


"Why are you laughing?"


No reason.


"Well, you are good. Is there another way you

want me to prove it to you?"


I suppose there is but that would only distract me

from my writing.


She threw a pillow at me and started laughing.

It's a wonder I ever got any writing done.

No comments: