Monday, April 11, 2011

Alice and Elizabeth Taylor

"I have something for you." was the first thing Alice said

as she walked into the office.I hadn't seen her in some time.


Her frail hands reached down into her bag, trembling ever

so. She pulled out a large white envelope and set it on the


counter. "Here, take a look." I opened the envelope and

saw a large photograph of Elizabeth Taylor. She had just


passed away a few weeks back. She was in middle age

looking like the beauty that had mesmerized the world.


"I took that picture in 1982." I turned it over and saw

her writing on the back : LA, Ahmanson Theatre 1982.


"The picture is as old as I am," I said. She laughed in the

way that grandmothers can. A laugh that is a mixture of


love, age and hard earned wisdom. "Thanks for giving

me this and thinking of me Alice." I stood up from


behind my desk and gave her a hug. Anyone would be

happy to have someone like her in their lives.

No comments: