Monday, April 4, 2011

What Happened That Night

We stood under the dim lights of the doorway,

alcohol clutched firmly in hand.

It was late.

It didn't matter,

it wasn't a weeknight.

Our friends walked around

either just as drunk or

more so. Some

were stoned.


There was a couple

in the bathroom fighting

you said.


Was it bad?


It was bad enough,

I heard her banging on the door

yelling for him to

let her out.


So what happened?


Someone came over

with the key to the restroom

and opened it up.

The girl stormed out of there

and he just followed

behind, no one did anything

even though we heard

what happened.

They looked pretty trashy.


She reached into her pocket

and lit a cigarette.

It dangled between her

fingers, the smoke ascended

to heaven, to the moon.

I took a swig from my bottle,

my head buzzing, my blood

running hot.


You looked perfect there,

bottle and cigarette in hand.


Some people are just weird

I said,

Some people are just weird.

No comments: