Friday, April 8, 2011

Women

There is the girl in the beautiful dress,
we spoke easily in the booth as old as
prohibition. Her flame cannot be tamed.

There was the one I loved or
at least I thought I did.
She moved away and got married.

There was the one whom I shared a bed with,
so close but so distant. She's married with
child now. She moved back home.

There was the girl who was there,
she left me feeling empty.

There was the girl who loved me,
it pained me not being able to return
it to her.

There was the girl who made me a
Valentines Day card when we went out
that night. It's still inside my car.

There's the girl who is an innocent flirt,
she has a beautiful heart.

There is a girl I worked with, we sat in my
car listening to music. She asked me the
next day why I didn't kiss her. I asked myself
the same thing.

There was the older woman. God
she was gorgeous.

There was the girl I met my first year in college.
We went out for a while, then she broke up
with me. She's probably married now.

There was the girl I first has a crush on in high
school who always had the worst taste in men.
She's also married with a few kids.

There's the girl who was drunk at her birthday,
I always had a crush on her.

There's the girl who had just broken up with her
boyfriend and wanted me to take her out. We
got too drunk and made out in my car.

It was awkward when her dad saw me trying to
walk upstairs to her room late at night.
She has a kid now but not married.

There is the girl who took the beautiful pictures,
her smile was as glowing as her soul.

There was the woman at the concert I sort of knew.
It was thrilling but all too public. A moment
destined to be fleeting

There is the girl who almost moved to London,
such a kindred spirit. I still think of her.

I sit here thinking of them all
and of the ones not mentioned.

The heart is foolish in its desires.

No comments: