Thursday, January 31, 2008

If I Love You

first person p.o.v
i don't know
how i stay alive sometimes.
at certain moments
i don't feel like i am the one
that is living my life.
at those times it almost feels
like i am another being
getting a first person
perspective on
the life of a man.
watching and moving with him
through the course of the days
and hearing his thoughts
at every turn.
it is a strange thing.
from what everyone says
this seems to be
how life always is.


dream by day
i daydream about
the things
that my mind wishes
it could manifest
in a moment.
traveling to new
places that i have always
desired or simply
returning to
a much simpler time
in my life.
the simple times
have not always been so
and even when they were
there was always
something else
in the way.


new advice i've heard.
it is not how much education you have
it is how hard you work.
at least that is what i've been hearing lately.


cold feet
my feet
are cold.
that could be
because i have
failed to
put on any
shoes or socks,
compounded
by the fact
that my floor
is all tile.
my feet are cold
and that has
nothing
to do with you
at all.


exhausted bastard
as tired and worn
as i may have been
last night when i got home
it was still very hard
for me to shut off
my mind and let myself
go to sleep.
that is always very
disconcerting to me.
sometimes on those nights
i think the only reason i sleep
is because my body
physically needs it
more than anything else
no matter what my mind
may be up to.

No comments: