Thursday, January 3, 2008

Load Bearing Darkness

not this time
you come knocking
on my door
after being invited
so many times
and never coming by.
now
you expect me
to let you in
when you come by
unannounced
at my door?
i think not.
now,
stop ringing my
doorbell.



your velvet
gloved hand
goes every place
that feels
pleasure.



perfection is boring.
beauty without
flaw is
ugly.
glory without
struggle
is empty.
fame without
love
is useless.
music without
soul
is noise.
laughter without
cause
is madness.
reason without
logic
is pointless.
money without
charity
is heartless.
life without
end
is cruel.
me without
you
is what i now need.

change
for the first time
in as far as i can remember
when we were speaking on the phone
i was thinking of a person
that wasn't you
and how much i would rather
talk to her
than you
at that moment.

No comments: