Sunday, January 27, 2008

You've Got To Be Crazy

5 initials
i shoot back and forth
between
emotional extremes
when i think about
the path i am pursuing
with those
at my side.
i am always
concerned
and always trying
to look out for them
as i hope they
are looking out for me.
we are in a place
where we will
be climbing uphill
for the foreseeable
future.
as long as i have them
there shoulder
to shoulder
with me
i think
that perhaps
we can do this
together.


unity in distance
to create
we must live.
to live
we must
be apart.
we must take
all our hearts
desires
and our body's
experiences
and give voice
to all of it
through
word and
meter.


bastard heart
my heart
yearns for you.
it thinks,
it knows
that you are the only
perfect fit for us.
the body may cheat
but the heart
has always been
faithful
to you.



midnight dearest
hearing you
weakened
voice
coming through to me
on the phone
made me want
to reach out
to you
and put you
in my arms and
just feel
your warmth
and hope
that my touch
can heal you.

No comments: