Tuesday, June 27, 2017

An Honest Man

I must be honest and humble before myself
and this creation to admit I must stop and
let myself live with vice and excess tempered
I wish to lead a life of contemplation and
open thought but I cannot do so when I
purposely cloud my mind and judgement
I am human I am fallible I am weak I am
searching for the strength of will I feel I am
lacking right now I am not who I wish to be
Yet I know that self is within It is possible
to be what I know I can I must cease this
pattern which recurs I cannot run away from
myself This truth will follow I must gaze
into the mirror and accept the present in order
to create the future This body This spirit
are yearning for more Give more Be the
source of light you have been meant to be
all this time This self acceptance will be
difficult Follow through How many times
How many mornings have similar thoughts
come through you What has been learned
Break the wheel of habit but learn to lean
on and ask for help Let light be your guide



No comments: