Monday, June 5, 2017

Hold These Together

my hand will not be held unless I let it be
this life is boundless in it's changes and
pitfalls living through these days I am left
to think about my mistakes and good luck

must I reorient myself to a larger goal to
move towards I think upon this and believe
this should be the case what goal and to
what end do i wish to move towards it

we could have met this morning but I know
that will not be so maybe in a few more
weeks we'll have the time to be together
again even if just for a morning breakfast

am i ready Alice to see the place of your
spirituality the place where the waters of
the soul moved as waves back and forth
to the invisible shore of the heart and soul

the simple act of you singing and playing
guitar is enough to overwhelm my heart
to know you exist to know this is your
effect on me doesn't fail to astonish

I who desire peace and enlightenment
what am I doing to nurture this change
in the world words cannot be enough
action however small is still action






No comments: