Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Self Motivation for Today

Don't rush it. Start off slow. What do you mean?
What are you talking about? I'm talking about
slowing down your vices. Why? Because it'll be
good for you. Really? Yes. Why are you even
questioning that? I suppose I've grown comfortable
with my vices. They're an easy way to cope with
life. Do you really want the easy way with that
though? Is that going to make you happy and
fulfilled in the long run? Maybe but when you
put it that way probably not. I enjoy my drinking
and the way I feel but I know it's been a bit much
lately. At least you can admit that to yourself. Yeah
but I suppose that's the point where I should pump
the brakes. How about this...what if you just not
do it today? Pretty easy, right? I guess it is. Then
just try that. Try it for yourself. You have nothing
to lose and if it goes fine then you can try that again
the next day. You have to see yourself in relation
to the larger shifts in this life. What will yield the
best and greatest results? You have been thinking
incessantly recently and this would fit well into
all of that. Just try it. You've done it before and
can do it again. You are of that strength and will
power. I suppose I am. There is nothing wrong
with exerting that level of control again. Why
would there be? Give yourself credit for your
self-awareness but follow through. Start out today
with this thought: what kind of life do you wish
to lead? Answer that honestly and try to live in
accordance with that. You are your own reward.
I believe in you. I am you. We can do this.

No comments: