Saturday, April 22, 2017

Galaxy

I wake up and ask myself
What kind of world do I wish to live in
A good one, I tell myself, a good one.
How far will we travel on this journey
together? I do not know, I cannot know
but I will keep walking, keep moving,
as long as I can, as long as this life will
allow, if you can be the one by my side.
I must be like the river that flows forever.

I wake and feel your body pressed to mine.
Your chest rises and falls with each subtle
breath. I place a hand on your back and
move it slowly down as a smile spreads
across your face. I listen to you breathe.
I can hear the birds in the trees outside.
Wonder what they are saying to us.
They always ask questions but we never
answer. They are used to our silence as
we are used to their voices.

Beyond this room the world looms over
us but for these moments we are our own
galaxy and constellations.

No comments: