Wednesday, April 12, 2017

The Dream, Part 1

In this dream I wasn't running. In fact, nothing of the sort
was even happening. It was quite different than that.

I opened my eyes and immediately saw boundless gray sky.
Formless, it stretched across vast and uninterrupted. It was
quiet and still. I sat up and realized I was in a small boat. It
felt like perhaps it was more of an old lifeboat than anything.
In every direction I could see there was nothing but still water.
I could see no sight of land. I felt a slight motion in the water
and the boat began to very slowly move along. Aside from
the slight motion of the boat there was no other kind of action
or sound to be heard. It was a stillness so all encompassing
that it felt absolutely total. There was a strange beauty to it.
As far as I could tell there was no day or night. The hours
passed with no change to the sky or light. It simply was.
I lay down on my back and closed my eyes. I focused on
my breathing. I tried to keep my breath measured and steady.

No comments: