Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Morning Freewrite 4/5/17

Into this waking world once again You ask me a question
and I cannot answer it I think about it for a moment and
nothing still comes to mind I say I do not know and leave
it at that Later on as I lay in bed I think about it and still
can think of nothing Nothing is a natural state To be left
empty is to be prepared to be filled and live once more
That is the secret and it is no secret at all I hear music sung
in Portuguese and my heart begins to dream Beautiful
words and tongue combined to make me wonder of all
the promises of life and the possibilities that have long gone
I hear songs from my youth and think of all the ways
things have been and could yet still be I find beauty to be
irresistible yet I only observe it with curiosity I always
try to let it approach first The mind races with possibilities
unless it has no rush If it is in now rush they stream
steadily much like leafing through the photos in an
album that has been gently faded by time To be in love
and not be bound to it To belong to each other but to
be apart always To revel in sweetness We woke up
in a hotel room with the sunlight streaming through
Your body was next to mine  I was happy in a way
I haven't been since Truth is embedded everywhere
To be kind is no small act I cannot write a song but
my heart can still sing It has a voice and it will not
allow itself to live in silent desperation

No comments: