Sunday, December 2, 2007

the heart treads where the mind fears to go.

sometimes
life corrects itself
after a period
of instability.


have we grown so far apart
that we could pass each other
in the street
as strangers once more?


a telling thing
this is my real voice
not the voice you hear
when i speak in person
but the voice
that is always
within my mind.
it is free.
it is unencumbered
by any sort of filter
to the thoughts
that spring forth
from this font.


lejos
maybe this is
the distance
the two of us
have always needed.
especially for me
to get over
you.


sober
i am conducting
an experiment
in will power and
sobriety
just because i can.
that and
to give myself
a break
after all this time
of imbibing.

truthteller
it is always
much easier
to tell the truth
with no one around
than with you
looking me
in the eyes.



it is commonly said and believed that people write about what they know.
isn't that ever the truth.

No comments: