Wednesday, December 19, 2007

organizing disorder

cardboard boxes
going through boxes
of old things
has filled me with
the sense that
the past
is not yet done
and that if anything
it is only
beginning to be
understood
by me.
it fills me with
the hope
that i do have
the power in me
to change
myself
and make sacrifices
when i need to.


productivity
i have spent this night
like i have a few others,
alone.
in my solitude
this night
i have found it
most beneficial
because i have found
the time
i don't always have
and long for.
the time
to do the little things
that life demands
and to have those moments
to see the remains
of past lives
laid bare
in objects,
photographs
and other detritus.
the music plays on
in the background
as it always does.
a gentle reminder
of the world
and moments
gone.

page break?
i am making order
of all the things
i had let fall
into unorganization
by way of neglect.
perhaps this is
the start of
a new chapter.
or
at the very least
the start of a new
paragraph.

motherhood
my friend
your life has changed
so much within the last
few weeks.
where as i am little removed
from my current post in life
you have taken on a new one
entirely
by fulfilling
a role
that many are called to
but which
i think you
will excel in
by the kindness and warmth
of your nature.
you will be
the best mother
a child could have.

cup of tea?
i am learning
a new type of
patience
and
restraint
whenever
i sit down
with my
cup of tea.
it is not a
pleasure
to be rushed.
it is one
to be enjoyed
thoroughly
with as much
time as possible
being made
available to it.
the cup is
empty now
and the teabags
sit
drained of their
essence
and into me.


like tonight
some nights are
more productive
than others for writing.
some nights
i have to wring out
every word
from my mind into
my hands.
other nights
i am much more
fortunate
and the words
come out
like paint
spilling onto
a canvas.

No comments: