Monday, July 31, 2017

Bored of Drink

I feel as though I have grown bored of drinking.
There. I have said it. So what? What does that
mean to me now that it has been said? I think
that I must chart a course now without it this
regular crutch of mine. It still feels good and
pleasurable but it just doesn't feel the same.
I drink, I get drunk, I eat too much bad food
late at night. The pattern is the same and it
feels far too predictable to me. It has no more
surprises for me and that is fine. I suppose I'll
start by not drinking today or most of this week.
I might drink on Sunday but even that is a maybe
at the moment. I honestly prefer waking up with
out feeling like my body is recovering for some
sort of bender. My weight and appetite will be
much easier to manage without this constant
influx of drink. It'll also clear my head and focus
my thoughts as I prepare to return to the ashram
once more. I have to remember the promise I
made to my grandmother and myself for the
next time I return to Mexico. It'll help me get
closer to the goal and ideal. Abstaining from
alcohol won't solve all my problems but it'll
help me gain a specific clarity which will be
of great help. Change can be as simple as one
just saying no and making small steps one day
at a time. The path can be difficult but it can
be traversed. I say this to myself to remember
as I walk forward and try to build something
better for myself once more.

No comments: