Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Morning 7/4/17

I am but one drop of water in the river that flows to the ocean.

Day by day I have been thinking about my existence and searching
for that which can bring meaning and comfort. Regardless of any
belief in life after this life, this life is but a fleeting moment. Meaning
is here but we must understand that the meaning is one we must
create for ourselves. To know that life is a finite gift should impel us
towards greater good, greater love, greater unity amongst all people.
This is not always the case but it should be an aim for us all. This
world does not lack for distractions and division. We must calm
those voices in this world in order to create something closer to the
ideal. The ideal may be always just out of reach but it is there, just
close enough to see and admire. We innately know the good we are
capable of. We can be loving and selfless but how can we grow this
within all? The path of seeking is one without end. What is it we seek?
Is it possible that a malaise of the soul is the underlying thing we are
trying to cure? Perhaps we can sense that the world as we have made
it at the present is one that is not best suited towards promoting the
greater unity that is needed. If we can create a world like this then
it is also within our means to change it for the better. To do so
would be a massive undertaking but it is a possibility. What shape
would this new world take? Of that, I cannot be sure. But fostering
greater dignity and equality would be steps of that world.

Sitting among the faithful believers
Feeling the power of their belief surround me
Letting myself submit to the fervency of their faith
If there is a God then God was there that day
I felt the wind through the canyon
Heard the peaceful rustle of leaves
Love of creation
Creation of Love

I strive to leave myself open to possibility
To hear what silence seeks to say
To embrace the self I know myself to truly be

I let the light of dawn enter
I let the light reflect from me

The slowness and quickness of life
bleed into one another
become one another

Stay Human.

No comments: