Saturday, July 1, 2017

Morning 7/1/17

this life
waking us once more
for what
for movement
for forward motion

I'm lost and walking
Hoping to find a sense of place again
Faces I do not know staring back
and looking away
Too busy to care
Alone and walking
Digging through memory
Creating space
If I find you again
will we recognize each other
or walk on by
like everyone else

Is it my heart that is restless or is it my soul?
I am seeking understanding
A center that can hold

Endless mirrors in a hallway of endless doors
Turn the knob Open the door
Walk through

These roads will drive us

These peaks will define the journey but are not the whole of it.

We are waiting still
We are waiting
Years of obscurity
Waiting to have our day

Morning routine bleeds into afternoon laziness
The wheels are still and the car won't move
How soon will you get from there to here
No questions worth asking No answers at all
Place of dashed hopes and new expectations
The sky will eat us all alive Raindrop tears
Pale smile and unsure paths towards anything
Placated fears for now but how long can it last
Mirror mirror can you tell me anything of worth

No comments: