Saturday, July 15, 2017

The Struggle

The struggle is real
It is here and it looks at us
as though we cannot see it
The struggle is within us all
and at no point do we ever
allow ourselves to be free
from it We should learn
to expand our capacity for
kindness and understanding
knowing this fact about
each other Sisters and Brothers
we face this life in this way
The struggle changes in
face and scope but it is a
persistent challenge to the
heart and soul of us all
There is relief if we choose
to seek it True relief is not
found in the ingestion of
any short term remedy
No the struggle is far too
strong for that The struggle
can only be overcome slowly
through reforging of heart
and mind I struggle with this
but I am trying my best
to overcome this It will take
time and patience Awaken
with the day and I tell myself
I will survive this day and night
and not let this struggle
overcome me

No comments: