Friday, July 14, 2017

Morning 7/14/17

To awaken is not merely to emerge from sleep.
These days are all the days of my life. 
I live within them as best I can.
To embrace their joy and pain 
and make use of what I have been given.

To create growth I must let the old self fall away.

All of my life is past life memories
Running through my mind
I catch an image from time to time
Faces from places I haven't seen in years
There's no slowing of these times
Everything moves faster and faster
I'm breathing, trying to catch my breath
Not wanting to let it get the best of me
What we want is too simple to believe
Call it truth nonetheless 
Memories are the vestiges of this life
Carrying them to the end
Of whenever that might be
These days of sunrises and sunsets
A tide of light and dark
Washing over me
Until a final sunset 

A measure of peace.

Searching for enlightenment in words old and new. 

No comments: